Tom and Ray Magliozzi are America’s foremost auto mechanics. Most people phone in to their radio show with questions about cars: buying them, driving them, cursing them, keeping them running. But advice is just the tip of the Car Talk carburetor. In between are songs, jokes, puzzlers, rants—and, most famously, digressions. Give the guys an inch of airspace and they’ll riff on almost anything. That’s what this collection is about: telling stories, going off on tangents, taking verbal detours, and convincing a delighted audience to come along. Whatever happened to Tommy’s Dart? Why is Doug the subway fugitive? Listen, learn—and laugh.
- Plywood Aerodynamics
- The Customer Is Always Stinko
- Priiiiiiiiii-vate Maaaaag-leee-o-zee!
- Catch This, You Little Twerp!
- A Nice Juicy Pizza
- Power to the People!
- Once Upon a Bird Clock
- My Own Son!
- I Thought I Wasa Parka da Car Ova Here-a
- How Many Engineers Does It Take to Screw in a Light Bulb?
- I Trust You, Joanne
- Don't Drive Like My Brother (x2)
- “It Could Be Nothing, or It Could Be a Brrrain Tumorrr”
- How Low Can You Go?
- The Subway Fugitive
- The Great Montreal Hotel Fire
Listen to a Sample Here: